Good afternoon 106 parents!
We had a great week in third grade, including a fantastic send off for our MacArthur cross country runners. Good luck at state!
In math, students worked on strategies to master their multiplication facts for the factors 3, 4, and 6. Next week, we will continue working on these facts as well as the more challenging facts for 7, 8, and 9. I highly encourage students to use XtraMath at home to help them master their math facts for addition, subtraction and multiplication. Practice makes perfect! (For students who have mastered their facts, iReady has personalized lessons ready to go for your student.)
In literacy this week, students shared their “Ouch” essays and we worked on main idea skills as well as learning to identify an author’s point of view (why an author wrote a text or how the author feels about the topic they are discussing). In social studies we finished our lessons on continents and oceans, and will continue building our geographic knowledge next week by studying cardinal directions and landmarks. Finally, in social-emotional learning, we continued our bullying prevention unit by discussing how to recognize bullying and the importance of reporting bullying.
- There is no school on Monday. Teachers will be in the building for trainings and meetings, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
- There is no homework this weekend, but we will have a spelling test next week. Lists went home today
- Please help your student remember to charge their iPad every night. Unfortunately I only have one charger in the classroom and it’s been in high demand.
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up for November conferences! For those that haven’t there are still excellent slots available! Link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0848A5AD22AAF5C43-44554288-fall
- Would you like to visit the class and be a Mystery Reader? Surprise your student and Read your favorite childhood book or story to the class! I’m very flexible on dates and times, so if you are willing to come in, I’m happy to make it work! Shoot me a message on Seesaw or email (email@example.com) if you are interested.
That’s all for now! Have a great weekend! Stay dry!