- Please turn in the forms sent home in the Back to School packet as soon as you are able.
- There was a slight adjustment to our schedule. Our "D" day and "F" day enrichments were swapped, so we will now have our 2nd Drama class on "D" day and our 2nd P.E. class on "F" Day. The schedule on the blog has been updated and students will receive new printed schedules tomorrow.
- Clarification - Binders can go home as needed, but it is extremely important that students have their binders every day at school.
- Finally, WEAR YOUR NEW YELLOW COONLEY SHIRT ON THURSDAY, especially if you are attending the before school Dance Party!!
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
First Week Notes
Monday, August 22, 2022
First Day Notes
What a great first day! Unpacking supplies is always a whirlwind, but the students did a great job getting their binders set up!
- As a reminder, 5th grade students will line up on the turf field for 8:30 arrival each morning, and will self-dismiss at 3:30pm from Door #10 (on Belle Plaine on the north side of the building) in the afternoon.
- The student schedule is available in the previous post. (All students also received a printed copy today.) As you can see, students will be eating lunch at 1:45 (after their recess), so I highly encourage all students to bring a healthy snack or two. All snacks must be nut free as we do have students with allergies in the classroom.
- Finally, 5th grade students will be using binder to organize their learning materials. This binder is to be kept at school, and student homework should be transported to and from school in the student's home folder, which they received today. However, many students were very excited about their binders and wanted to bring them home to show their parents. Please help your students remember to bring them back to school if they brought them home.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Welcome to 5th Grade!!
I'm so excited to be your teacher this year! While there will be plenty of information to come, today I just wanted to share a few important items:
MEET AND GREET INFORMATION: We are so excited to welcome your student(s) back for the 2022-23 school year. We invite you to attend Coonley’s Meet & Greet tomorrow, Thursday, August 18th, from 3:00 - 5:00 PM. During the Meet & Greet, you can visit teachers’ classrooms and drop off supplies (please have the supplies labeled with your child’s name, or in a bag labeled with your child’s name).
ABOUT 5th GRADE: Your child will have two teachers this year, just as in 4th grade. I will be your student’s homeroom teacher, and will teach social studies and language arts in Room 304. Ms. Busch will be your student’s math and science teacher in Room 301. In addition, Mr. Povilaitis will be in our classroom as the resource teacher for 5th grade, and Ms. Gomez will be our classroom SECA. Because your child will split their time between teachers, it’s important to keep the lines of communication open. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns. Email is the best way to get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com), we will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.
CLASS WEBSITES: All class communication and information can also be found at mrbrandstrader.com , which I will be updating over the next few days. Students will be using Google Classroom for many of their assignments as well. Directions on how parents can access Google Classroom can be found here.
SURVEY: At the bottom of this letter is a link to a survey that will help us get to know your child and their unique learning needs. The survey will enable us to tailor lessons for this class. Please take a moment to complete this before the first day of school.
Thank you for helping us start off a wonderful year. We look forward to getting to know your child and working together with you to create a wonderful learning experience for this class!
Link to 5th Grade Survey: https://forms.gle/
Here’s to a great year!