Friday, September 8, 2023

End of Week News and Notes

We had an excellent week in 3rd grade, including our first drills of the year (bus evacuation and a fire drill). This week in math, we continued working on subtracting 3 digit numbers. Quite a few students had trouble with borrowing and regrouping, so we will continue working on this skill into next week before we begin our rounding lessons. In literacy, we've continued our sequencing work, and the first week's spelling scores were fantastic, so I'm hoping the same will be true of today's test! We also completed our first science lessons which focused on what we can learn from fossils and where they are found.

There is no homework this weekend, and I forgot to pass out next week's spelling list at the end of the day, so the students will receive their lists on Monday morning, but the list is posted in Seesaw for students that would like to start practicing.

NOTES:

1) Students have done an excellent job this week of transporting their iPads back and forth from home and bringing them to school fully charged. If your student is having an issue logging on from home or with their charger, please let me know so I can help troubleshoot.

2) The great slime/putty/fidget experiment has ended, and I will no longer be allowing them in class without parental approval. If you believe a fidget or putty helps your student focus, I'm happy to allow them to use it, just send a note or shoot me an email to let me know.

3) I will not be able to attend Family Fest tonight, but it sounds like there are a lot of great activities lined up, so thank you to everyone who has taken the time to put it together. I hope everyone has fun!

That's all for this week. Please reach out with any questions and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment