Friday, August 18, 2023

Week 1 is in the books!

Hello Room 106 families! 

What an amazing first week in 3rd grade! Thank you so much for all of your efforts getting your students prepared for the school year!  

Every week I will send a message home regarding what we did during the week and what's coming up in the week ahead. This week, students got acclimated to the classroom and got to know their teacher and their peers. We did a lot of labeling and organization of our supplies. Next week, we begin our academic work and dive into the curriculum.  

The most important note for this upcoming week is that Parent Night is this Thursday (August 24th) from 6-7:30pm. Keep an eye on your email as more information and details regarding Parent Night will be sent soon. On Parent Night, I will introduce myself, share what students will be learning in 3rd grade, provide information regarding routines and expectations, and answer any questions that you have. If you are unable to attend, I will post the presentation on my website (mrbrandstrader.com) and provide a link via Seesaw. 

Second, binders are not required for my class. I know that supply lists went out before class lists did, so I'm sorry if anyone was scrambling to find a binder. They will be used in 4th grade, so I instructed students to take them home and save them for next year unless they wanted to use them this year. 

Finally, we had our first lost tooth of the year, and unfortunately, we actually lost it! So if anyone finds a tooth in their backpack, please return it to the classroom so I can reunite it with its owner. 

Thanks again to you and your students for making my first week at Betsy Ross a great one! 

Best,

Mr. Brandstrader



No comments:

Post a Comment